Jamie Columbus …#1 in Home Sales
in the Houston Barnard Neighborhood!
Since 1995 I have sold and/or listed 91 homes on Houston Barnard streets:
- Ambassador Drive
- Sandringham Road
- Georgian Court Road
“Jamie is the premium agent for high-end residential property sales and purchases. She intimately knows the Houston Barnard market and will find your dream house. Jamie not only sells you the home, but also introduces you, so that you become part of one of the best communities in Rochester, NY.”
Dr. David & Dr. Diana Hsi - 170 Sandringham Road
Enjoy a sampling of the Grand Homes I have listed or sold in the HB neighborhood.
“I sell HB Homes because I love sharing their Magic!”
- Long time resident of Ambassador Drive and Sandringham Road
- Past Chair of the HBNA Association and Directory Designer since 2002.
- Long term membership in the Garden Lover's Club of Brighton
- HB historian, collecting data, maps, photos; Advisor to the Landmark Society
- Network of family, friends and clients in the HB area.
“I find buyers for the homes I list.”
- I find buyers using my Personal Network vs. waiting for buyers to find me.
- My contemporaries comprise the largest market "niche," a built-in HB buyer pool.
- My passion for HB helps sell this neighborhood over others buyers consider.
- With first hand knowledge & accurate property data, I compare and contrast homes for buyers. My graduate business education helps me to communicate more effectively with savvy buyers and their agents.
- Having lived in a historic home for over a decade, I can speak first hand of the advantages and help overcome buyers' concerns by offering experienced, qualified professionals and contractors.
“My experience with Houston Barnard promises homeowners…”
- A strategic and successful marketing process
- The most effective representation of buyers and sellers
- The highest sales value obtainable in the marketplace
- Added value when staging and preparing a home for sale, drawing on my years as a professional photographer and artist.
- My comprehensive record of historic HB market data to guide effective pricing strategy.
- Honest, candid, and thorough responses to homeowners' questions and concerns.
- My team promises the highest level of customer service - to meet the challenges of:
- Timely communication
- Comprehensive marketing materials with state-of-the-art design
- Empathy and personalized service
- Follow-through adminstration until closing
- Settling complicated boundary agreements and school swaps
Many Houston Barnard homes sell within their first day or two on the market with multiple offers. Therefore, I prepare buyers to create a winning offer!
Year after year, I have worked hard to create a friendly HB neighborhood by designing positive, informative directories, planning welcome parties… all of which enhance neighborhood value and open doors.
I look forward to assisting you through a smooth transition.
All good things,
This community remains Brighton's premier neighborhood, renowned for its stunning homes, thoughtfully landscaped properties and convenience to
town, country, expressways, shopping, clubs, private and public schools. Residences run the gamut from sprawling English Tudor estates to contemporary homes
constructed within the last five years. An active neighborhood, Houston Barnard's residents include joggers, cyclists and amblers who treasure the quiet steets and lamp-lit sidewalks, and who
look forward to the Neighborhood Picnic, mom get-togethers and Garden Club meetings.
Testimonials from Houston Barnard residents:
Many thanks for doing such an outstanding job on the sale of our Rochester home. You handled every detail in a truly professional manner. Selling a home and dissolving its content would normally be a stressful task. You have turned it into a pleasant experience. We appreciate your professionalism and artistry in showing our home without us being in Rochester. From putting together a wonderful catalogue to showing the house with perfect lighting, flowers in vases and playing Vivaldi, you made people feel they wanted to stay! Thank you for selling our home in record time and being there every step of the way. We shall highly recommend you to anyone who is considering the sale of his or her home!”
Vivianne and Wiland Knebel - 151 Ambassador Drive
We want to thank you for all the good advice and hard work you put into the successful sale of our house on Trevor Court Road. As the market for housing has continued to soften we have had countless people marvel at the fact that we sold our house and closed within five weeks of putting it on the market and at a price which was above the price for similar houses in the Houston Barnard area. Your knowledge of the market certainly helped us to understand how to price the house for sale and still feel confident we were receiving full value. Most importantly, you were practically a miracle worker in putting together a team of people to do all the necessary fix ups and used your artist's eye to prepare our house to look its best and market it to attract buyers. Your incredible energy and enthusiasm for our house and our neighborhood kept us upbeat, and focused.
Jamie, we can't think of anyone who could do a better job. Thank you.”
Sherre Levene - 141 Trevor Court Road
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the wonderful job you did selling our home. Your professionalism and assistance made the experience pleasant and relatively stress free. This was especially important, as we were out of town much of the time.
As result of your expertise and vision our home sold in just a few short weeks. The marketing was exceptional - including brochures and advertising. Your attention to detail was remarkable and the staging was phenomenal, both inside the home and out. You showcased our property beautifully and took care of every detail, no matter how minor - from the landscaping to the lovely vases of fresh flowers.
It was my pleasure doing business with you and I would recommend you to anyone who is interested in selling their home.”
Nancy Moran - 55 Ambassador Drive
“We have been working with Jamie Columbus over the past several months and can’t begin to express how helpful she has been to us. It is hard to encompass all of her knowledge and relationships she has in the Houston-Barnard neighborhood. We met Jamie last fall at an open house and casually mentioned our interests in a future house to her. She gave us useful information about the houses in the neighborhood, homes that had sold in the last few years, and houses that she had personal knowledge were going to be potentially for sale. Jamie also provided interior pictures of houses that had sold recently that helped us to better understand how the selling price is established for many of these mansions, as well as what different styles the interiors presented in contrast to more "traditional" homes.
We spent quite a bit of time with Jamie as she worked effortlessly to find something that fit our style, something she picked up on right away. She was actually able to find the PERFECT house for us; a house that was not even for sale. Jamie presented the current homeowner with our offer, and continued to work with her over a period of time, convincing her that this was a great opportunity that she wouldn’t want to pass up. Now that we have a signed contract and are waiting to close on this house, Jamie continues to keep in touch with us a few times a week. She continues to actively help us set up architects, builders, designers, painters, etc. Jamie truly is an endless source of knowledge and help.
Her inside knowledge of all the happenings in the HB neighborhood has provided us with numerous opportunities that we would not have had if we worked with a different agent. Jamie has been able to show us both interior and exteriors of several homes in this neighborhood based on her relationship with previous clients and friends in the area.
We firmly believe she is the ideal person to work with if you are looking to get into the HB neighborhood!”
Betsy & Devon Marrinan - 240 Sandringham Road